Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Our Candida interviewed by the Guardian!


Street Operator

Status: Offline
Posts: 660
Date:
Our Candida interviewed by the Guardian!
Permalink  
 


About her experiences with arthitis:

 

It was a dark time: Pulps keyboardist Candida Doyle on being diagnosed with arthritis at the age of 17 | Health | The Guardian



__________________

It's OK. It's just your mind.



The Boss

Status: Offline
Posts: 995
Date:
RE: Our Candida interviewed by the Guardian!
Permalink  
 


So which bandmate didn't know she had arthritis? I find that surprising. Glad to know it's getting better for her.



__________________

We'll use the one thing we've got more of, that's our minds.



Street Operator

Status: Offline
Posts: 660
Date:
Our Candida interviewed by the Guardian!
Permalink  
 


Hm. Is it Russell, Steve, Mark or Nick? Hard to know...

__________________

It's OK. It's just your mind.



The Only Way is Down

Status: Offline
Posts: 4448
Date:
Our Candida interviewed by the Guardian!
Permalink  
 


Brilliant (also on a selfish level) to read that playing the keys now helps her fingers. Also interesting about how she deals with full chord shapes and fast changes in songs. I would have suspected that there's a fair bit of sampling to assist her.

__________________

Tell mester to f*ck off!



Legendary

Status: Offline
Posts: 1006
Date:
RE: Our Candida interviewed by the Guardian!
Permalink  
 


lipglossed wrote:

Hm. Is it Russell, Steve, Mark or Nick? Hard to know...


 I'd be very surprised if it was Mark. You don't stand next to someone on a keyboard riser for the best part of 4 years and not notice something is wrong.



__________________

"It is hammering it down!"



The Boss

Status: Offline
Posts: 995
Date:
RE: Our Candida interviewed by the Guardian!
Permalink  
 


SarahAWilson wrote:
lipglossed wrote:

Hm. Is it Russell, Steve, Mark or Nick? Hard to know...


 I'd be very surprised if it was Mark. You don't stand next to someone on a keyboard riser for the best part of 4 years and not notice something is wrong.


 Yes, my thought process ruled out Mark before anyone else, not just standing next to her but sharing keyboard duties. 



__________________

We'll use the one thing we've got more of, that's our minds.



Street Operator

Status: Offline
Posts: 655
Date:
Our Candida interviewed by the Guardian!
Permalink  
 


Eamonn wrote:

Brilliant (also on a selfish level) to read that playing the keys now helps her fingers. Also interesting about how she deals with full chord shapes and fast changes in songs. I would have suspected that there's a fair bit of sampling to assist her.


 Ive noticed that, despite the Farfisa still being there, some Farfisa chords have been coming out of single keys on her MIDI controller, presumably sampled - first spotted this when they did Joyriders recently. Its quite fascinating to see how they have meticulously adapted her setup to achieve the best. I chatted briefly to her keyboard tech last year, and he mentioned how they were planning to sample some of the Farfisa stuff but - although not so much because of Candidas condition - but more because they thought the organ might break down.



-- Edited by LeoVK on Wednesday 14th of February 2024 12:52:43 PM

__________________

www.LeoVK.com
twitter.com/LeoVK

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard